Tuesday 23 October 2012


Day 18: Dahab – Sharm, again...
Happy birthday Mum!



So, out the door by about eight, I’m getting a service for Kirsty, and getting on the road. It’s the perfect start to the day. A bowl of cereal, pack the bike, hit the road. It’s overcast, so warm and comfortable rather than scorching hot. It’s beautiful, cruising at about 55mph, enjoying the the waft of cooling air and being captivated by the surroundings, I could do this everyday....
Into KTM, unload the bike, and Kirsty is ready. I’ve got a book, a chair and a nice view of Sharm. The day passes surprisingly quickly, and we’re all done for £300. The missing bolts are replaced, a new chain and sprockets fitted as well as the oil and filters changed. The mechanic thinks the oil leak I’ve had is from two places. The oil breather pipe is kinked, and there’s no washer on the sump plug. We’ll see, but it’s great to ride off on Kirsty, so excited. Gassing it out of the service centre, the back end slews out across the sand...idiot, don’t funking crash right outside the shop! Thankfully (luckily?), I just about catch the slide before I’m on my arse, but it’s got the pulse up a bit! Yeee haaaaw J

No comments:

Post a Comment