Thursday 8 November 2012


Day 30: Wadi Halfa, Sudan
Well, the night didn’t quite as well as I’d hoped. Around midnight, I get the classic tightening of the stomach, which can only mean one thing. Food poisoning.
The rest of the night is spent in, or near the toilet. And the toilet is one step away from the one in Trainspotting. But, at least it’s a western toilet, and not the squat style. A manage the grand slam, the travellers holy grail. I’ll leave that to your imagination. Suffice to say, come six or seven, I’m in a world of pain and feel like death. I definitely want my mum, and I def want to be in a nice big bed, near a toilet, with a soft pillow and comfy duvet. At the mo, all I’ve got is the hard steel floor of the ship.
Thank the lord for the aussies though, about half eight, they’re up and allow me to rest in their cabin. It’s the best, and very much needed.
Around midday, the ship docks. We’re in Sudan bitches! This, is very surreal. I never imagined I’d be in the Sudan, this trip has just kicked off! And, it’s 37.8c in the shade. I am not looking forwards to riding in this...

No comments:

Post a Comment