Sunday 16 December 2012


Day 75: CT – Hugeanus Bay
Sorry, I mean Hermanus Bay...
 This must be about the shortest days riding I’ve ever had, about 50 miles. But, I’ve got to say, some of the most spectacular miles I’ve done. And as far as ocean/coast roads go, this one has got to be somewhere near the top of any list of favourites.
Perhaps one of the disappointing things is the amount of traffic, but as we’re cruising and taking in the views, it doesn’t really matter. And it isn’t REALLY heavy anyway. Rolling in to Hermanus Bay, the GPS takes me straight to my accommodation. It’s a sweet deal, free accommodation if you book the shark diving. So I check in, and then wander down to the beach side restaurants, I’m in the mood for some fish and chips.

It’s a beautiful spot, very relaxing and perfect if you wanted to get away from the UK for some winter sun and good food. I would suggest, if you had two weeks, you could rent a 4x4, hit a safari in Namibia and then head down her for a nice cruise. Perfect.
I have an 0730 meeting with some sharks tomorrow though....

No comments:

Post a Comment